Summary Statement (detailed Statement is available upon request)
At Meander Travel & Handling we believe strongly in ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labor is not used.
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practiced.
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
- Third Party Suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed.
We also ask all our suppliers to ensure that their businesses are also built on these ethical criteria. We expect our suppliers to adopt the principles of our E.T.P as their minimum standard of practice in order to be able to offer strong guarantees to our customers that the services they receive from us have been ethically designed, prepared, managed and implemented.